Following are updates of the key recent CEWF/TSW activities:
- the CEWF Executive Committee met with MP Barry Devolin Dec 20 to review TSW issues
- included in the discussion was Barry's planned private member's bill proposing that the management of the TSW be moved out of Parks Canada
- some links for further information:
Parks Canada Reorganization
- Jewel Cunningham is appointed Director, Ontario Waterways Unit responsible for both the TSW and Rideau Canal systems
- Darlene Upton is appointed Executive Director, Waterways
- announcement notice – click here
- good progress with CEWF member associations on defining individual Preferred Water Levels
- working with newly appointed Parks Canada management to quickly reinstitute regular CEWF Executive Committee and Water Management Advisory Committee meetings
And just to keep things interesting, anybody taking bets on this year's winter weather forecast…?
Decisions will be soon being made on dam adjustments in advance of the spring thaw. Yes, spring thaw! Stay tuned.